PRODUCTS

SELECTED
Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi DOC Classico Riserva

AMBROSIA

Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi DOC Classico Riserva

Name
AMBROSIA

Designation
Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi DOC Classico Riserva

Grapes
Verdicchio 100%

TASTING


Colour
Straw-yellow wine with glints of green and glittering gold shades.

Fragrance
Fresh and very persistent with a scent of bitter almond and ripe fruit.

Flavour
To the palate it is extremely elegant with a good balance, full-bodied with an enjoyable minerally quality. Very persistent, with a long finish of apple, plum and almond.

Serving suggestions
Wonderful with elaborate and smoked fish, with egg pasta and spicy meats in general.

Serving Temperature
12°/14° C

REGION AND CLIMATE


Place of production
Proprietary cellar, on the hills of the Jesi Castles (San Paolo di Jesi), in the Marche region, within the most ancient area defined Classica.

Vineyard surface
2.50 Ha

Altitude
250 meters above sea level

Exposure
North-East

Soil texture
Clayey medium-bodied

Plants per ha
3.000

Vine training system
Guyot

Year of plantation
1980

WINE MAKING AND FINING


Yield per Ha
60/70 quintals

Harvesting period
First, second decade of October

Harvesting method
Manual, in crates

Pressing
Soft

Fermentation
Steel, barrique

Fermentation temperature
Controlled at 16°/18° C

Fermentation length
Around three weeks

Malolactic fermentation
Yes

Fining
60% in stainless steel reservoirs, 40% in barrique for 12-14 months.

Ageing in bottle
6 months

Production
Soft pressing, static decantation of the soft-pressed must, fermentation in stainless-steel tanks for 60%, and the remaining 40% is fermented in 225 lt barrique barrels (small oak barrels).

This site uses cookies technicians and own and third-party profiling for its functionality and to send you advertising and services in line with your preferences. If you want to know more click here.
By closing this banner, scrolling through this page or by clicking any element its consent to the use of cookies.